Becoming a Swim Official is a great way to learn more about competitive summers swimming and see your swimmer compete up close!
BCSSA’s Officials’ Code of Conduct
- Responsible for promoting the rules of their sport to all participants to the best of their ability.
- Conduct shall reflect professionalism through respect for all participants, knowledge of the rules, and integrity and neutrality in the application of the rules.
- When on deck, shall be properly attired so they can be easily identified by competitors and spectators.
- Always treat fellow officials with respect and not disparage their decisions.
- Maintain and update their knowledge of the rules and rule changes.
- Be fair, equitable, considerate, independent, honest, and impartial in all dealings.
- Honour all assignments unless unable to do so by virtue of illness or personal emergency, and in these cases inform the assignor at the earliest possible time.